What is Anorectal Abscesses?
An anal abscess is a painful circumstance in which a collection of pus develops close to the anus. most anal abscesses are a end result of contamination from small anal glands. The most not unusual type of abscess is a perianal abscess. This frequently seems as a painful boil-like swelling near the anus. it could be purple in color and warm to touch. Anal abscesses positioned in deeper tissue are much less common and can be much less visible. Surgical incision and drainage is the most not unusual remedy for all varieties of anal abscesses and is commonly a hit. approximately 50% of sufferers with an anal abscess will develop a hardship referred to as a fistula. A fistula is a small tunnel that makes an unusual connection among the web site of the abscess and the skin. In a few instances, an anal fistula reasons chronic drainage. In different instances, in which the outside of the tunnel establishing closes, the end result may be recurrent anal abscesses. surgical treatment is needed to cure nearly all anal fistulas.
Causes of Anal Abscesses
- Infection of an anal fistula. An anal fistula is a small superficial tear in the skin of the anal canal.
- Sexually transmitted infections.
- Blocked anal glands.
Symptoms of Anal Abscesses
- Pain, which is usually constant, throbbing, and worse when sitting down
- Skin irritation around the anus, including swelling, redness, and tenderness.
- Discharge of pus.
- Constipation or pain associated with bowel movements.